Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's Friday Night!

And I've survived my first week back in Hong Kong! Go me!

By surviving, I mean...

... I left my phone in a taxi and although I nearly cried at the thought of the 4 years worth of phone numbers and sentimental text messages I had kept in there, I made myself happy with thoughts of the new phone I would be getting the next day.

... I got a new haircut and was told by my hairdresser that there was no way to save my frizzy hair that even the straightening perm I got 2 months ago could not hide. I'm doomed to have coarse, wavy hair forever! But again I didn't cry, and instead toyed dangerously with the idea of cutting it really short... which I didn't. Relax!

... I walked most of mid-levels searching for a flat to live in and I don't know how we fell into such great luck, but after seeing about a dozen flats we found a suitable flat, close enough to work, large enough to not feel boxed in, high enough to not hear the traffic, and with a swimming pool too!

... I've gone one week trying not to miss everyone, and although it's hard to not think about it sometimes, I have such great friends here it makes up for most of it. I still miss you guys.

Alright. It's half past midnight. Time to hit Volar and drink the night away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend giving Joico a try... It's done quite a lot in reducing the straw-like appearance of my hair!

Rather upmarket-ly priced but I think it's actually worth it. And I definitely remember seeing a shop in Lan Kwai Fong selling it :)