Sunday, February 03, 2008

The North Wind doth blow...

... all the way from China.

It was about 5 degrees today.

I recall when I signed the dotted line on my contract, I was promised that the temperature never falls below 10 degrees in Hong Kong. I think they're blaming this one on global warming.

It kinda feels like I never left London now as I run out of my building right into freezing cold rain, then run back inside again and ask the porter to kindly hail me a cab as little Malaysian girls aren't built for anything below 20 degrees. The wind, the rain and the cold make you wonder how this is still Asia or Asian...

I have a new heater in my room. I'm calling it R2D2 because it looks just like R2D2. It blinks and rotates too.

It's almost Chinese New Year. What I'm more anxiously waiting for is Spring to come. Oh and a chance to go home next week.

Baby, it's REEEEALLY cold outside. Can I count on you to keep me warm?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Charl, heard you were in HK and stumbled across this blog. Let's catch up sometime (if you remember ur old SSP classmate Sandra!) - i'm also based in HK now. Drop me an email at sandracheim@yahoo.ca

sherene said...

hey hey, happy chinese new year babe :) have an excellent time celebrating and keep yourself warm...

Kinfoong said...

Hey Salad!

It's been awhile =\

Glad to know you get to enjoy dim sum whenever you want. Perhaps we could meet up for dim sum when we're not 8000 miles apart =D

sherene said...

dimsum girl does not talk? :-/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dulcinea said...

that's true.. i'll remember to talk soon!