Thursday, August 03, 2006

Typhoon Prapiroon

is raging outside.

The rain is splattering against my window and can see the trees swaying. Just a little more and I fear Hooke's law will be broken as they stretch beyond their elasticity limit. I need to stop thinking in science terms. It's not cool.

The centre of the typhoon is only 340km away from Hong Kong Island. That puts us at level 3 warning. That puts me under my duvet, all snug and watching the rain. It fascinates me. Earlier as I was running through it, anxiously trying to find a taxi that would take one soaking wet little girl home, it felt like the entire sky had become one big shower hose. With winds at 41-62 kmph, it really is something.

Tropical monsoon rains are no match for this gale.

I need to start investing in more umbrellas.

No comments: